Monday, July 25, 2016

Morning Musings

Still traveling - left home last Wednesday, flew into Baltimore. Traveled with my dear friend Donna to PA (Quilt Odyssey!). 


I'm back in MD for the week, staying with the Cute Husband (hurray), my brother-in-law and his wife. 

My sister-in-law is quite the backyard farmer. Last night's dinner included a medley of vegetables right off the vine. She grows pretty flowers too. 


No idea what these are called but they are so pretty and they're so big. 



Navigating through someone else's house can be tricky. Everyone has gone to work. I've been here many times but never alone - the lights were all on, table set, food prepared ... You know ... I was a guest. 

This morning I have tracked down coffee filters (these barbarians ALL go to work to get coffee). I fussed with the coffee pot for awhile until I realized - it was NOT plugged in, finally figured out what switches controlled the lights, managed a shower with no difficulty. Now the hardest thing ... I could not get out the back door. There's a cute patio with table and chairs, pots of growing stuff, pretty flowers, birds chirping. I really wanted to sit outside and drink coffee and knit and chat with you guys. The little dog door was working perfectly but do you think I could get the people door open? NO!


I gave up - twice. I think the little dachshund was mocking me. I tried again and discovered a secret secure latch at the top of the 2nd half of the slider ... victory!

And - it's only 9:00 in the morning. I wonder what other fun things the day will bring.

No comments: