Thursday, March 17, 2016

New Can Be Good

I love old ... old houses, old movies, old furniture, my old Mom (don't tell her I said that!). But sometimes, new is a very good thing.

I've loved and used my old K-Mart iron for years.  It cost about $10.00, never leaks, travels places with me and has pressed MANY seams.  In fact, I love it so much, I actually have 2 of the same iron.

And then ...
One day, I was sewing (and pressing) at my friend Carrie's house.  I had to go and buy a new iron - just like her Big Girl Iron.


It is bigger and heavier than my old one.  And a lot more expensive but man, can that baby press a quilt block. I'm not giving up on the little guy completely but the Big Guy ... he's staying right there on the ironing board.

1 comment:

MaryKay said...

My 25+ year old Rowenta had the audacity to bite the dust by continuously dribbling all over the ironing board. Not a good thing. Replaced it with a Black and Decker. I hate it! Good thing it was cheap Thanks for the recommendation!