Saturday, October 31, 2015

Celtic Solstice

It is nearing 7:30 . A M
While everyone is asleep - My Cute Husband, Mom, and even Rocky (the Wonder Kitty) - I've been sewing.  Yes, folks, I was up at 6:00, even before coffee, I made the last of my Celtic Solstice blocks!

Ok ... to be fair ... I've made as many as I'm going to make.  This Bonnie Hunter Mystery from 2 years ago?  Well, let's just say, the quilt and I are NOT best friends. "Chevrons" about did me in.  At one point, I really was going to pitch the whole thing into the rubbish bin.  But - it sort of got lost in the complete chaos of my sewing room.  While cleaning (and it does still look great), the Celtic Solstice bin was uncover and I peeked inside.


I already had over 60 blocks made!  I can't dump this.  So ... I sewed up the partially made blocks and I think We're calling this one - done.  That is "done" with all lower case letters, meaning - blocks are done. I'll know how many I ended up with when I stitch the top.

At my guild retreat next weekend, I'm going to lay out the blocks and sew them together.  I still have cut parts, just in case I need 1 or 2 more.  I definitely see a future DONE.

Last night I made an awesome dinner that included vegetables.



There were just too many words and not enough pictures in this blog post.  


No comments: