Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Downtown

Newport, RI ... the history, the crowds, the architecture, the nostalgia, the tee shirt shops ... something for everyone!


This is the house where I spent my first 7 years of life.  The town is mostly houses, on streets, in neighborhoods where you can walk to almost everything/anything.


Lots of shopping...


The church my family attended ...


More shopping.  The Upstairs of these historic buildings are mostly apartments and some offices.


And LOTS of restaurants ...


So much history ...


President Kennedy got married in this church ...


My pediatrician had his office in this building ...


My elementary school - kindergarten and 1st grade.  Then we moved to the North End, of what is actually a pretty small town.


These were all taken "downtown".  It was the best eating vacation ever!













1 comment:

Susan said...

What a fun trip that must have been! I haven't been back to the town where I grew up in over 30 years. I probably wouldn't be able to find my way around now!