1. It was a full size bed quilt.
2. It was done with templates (way more than a 4-letter word).
3. It had an appliqué border
4. With a bias vine.
5. We only had 2 other kits for sale
Basically - it wasn't a good business decision to make this quilt. The other kits sold without a sample and the shop closed. This quilt sat for 3 or 4 years in a box.
Then Starlyn and I started working on making the tree blocks - on retreat, on sew-days. Sometimes the trees came on retreat and never made it out of the box. Sometimes we made a few (or lots) but never enough.
Then we redesigned it ... to a smaller quilt and ditched the appliquéd border and divided up the trees and on Saturday we sitiched 2 quilt tops!
We did make the trees right side up.
On Tuesday, I quilted them! I even did my binding and label. Starlyn - your binding is made but not sewn.
Another UFO is off the LIST!
Moral of the story - do not listen to well-meaning family/friends. Do not throw away long neglected projects. Sometimes the curator of the museum (that would be YOU in your sewing space) discovers a treasure that needs a little dusting off and suddenly - you have a new quilt.