Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Good morning!

just spent 40 minutes providing a little TLC ... to my sewing room.  Believe me, it probably needs 40 days - hmmmm, maybe I should build an ark. I am stitching up some cute critters.

And THAT, my friends, is why I don't think I have good time management skills.  An ark?

Anyway ... I picked some stuff up off the floor, put away some empty Christmas boxes (yes, you read that correctly), and ... made a new ironing board cover!

A very much needed new ironing board cover.  I woke up thinking - today is the day.

I forgot to take a before picture but picture this - I have a "Big Board" and I could not press a pair of pants because there was SEW MUCH STUFF ON THERE.  Not to mention the overall condition of the fabric.  Here's an "before" reannactment shot.


ready for the TA-DAH??!!!


SEW MUCH BETTER!

Ok - full disclosure ... "Made" is a bit of a stretch.  Really all I did was take off the old one, add batting and cut a piece of muslin, layed it on and tucked in the edges.

Now, it's 7:30, the coffee is done, blog post written and I'm ready to sip coffee and stitch some circles.

No comments: