Sunday, October 6, 2013

That Was Close

Never underestimate the power of a quilter's prayers.

When I loaded a quilt the other day, I had 2 batts to chose from and I really wanted to use the already opened package.  But - there was a sizable hole right in the middle.  This is/was a customer quilt and her batting.  I have no idea why there was a hole in it.  I measured and was pretty sure I could quilt the top and avoid the hole.

Avoid it I did. BARELY!!


It's a sweet cute.  Love the color!


And it has a fun back.


Last week, I was quilting a top and using a favorite thread that I can no longer get - the company went out of business.  I was pretty sure I had enough for one more quilt.

And I did ... BARELY!


I measured what was left - 53".  That was really close.

1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

I have had that happen with batting, but usually it is the cheaper brands. I would just sticking a small piece of batting in that section but I see you were able to quilt around it and do a beautiful job on the designs.

Debbie