Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Persistence Pays Off

Next week I'm heading to Hershey, PA to attend Quilt Odyssey.  This year, instead of more piecing classes which produce more semi-completed projects, I decided to take a couple of "artsy" classes - fabric embellishment and bobbin-work stitching.

On the supply list was "heat set crystals".  Off to Michaels to get assorted colors and sizes. I didn't take a "before" photo - wasn't even going to blog about it, until I tried to open the package and they spilled into each other.

My first thought was - they're all going to be mixed into the same bag (all sizes and colors) - what a mess!  Then I decide to diligently sort them all out and put them into little teeny zip-loc bags.


It took awhile but I got it done!

I'm so glad I've always saved all those extra buttons (in the bags) that come with clothing.  These buttons are now in the button tub and bags are going to class.


2 comments:

Mary Marcotte said...

I don't just keep extra buttons, I stash anything that might be useful one day. Now I am using some of it in a crazy quilt. You just think like quilter!

Ladycat Quilting said...

What a great idea to save those button bags. I have thrown them away in the past but will take your helpful hint to heart from now on. Thank you!