Sunday, January 13, 2013

Monkey Business

I made a sweet little baby quilt for the manicurist at my Mom's hair salon. It was sew easy! I loved the large print - those monkeys made me smile. I didn't want to chop it up and lose the look of them. So - I didn't. I sewed a strip on top, cut the monkey fabric, pressed the strip open and reattached the monkeys to the other side of the strip. Then I simply repeated this several times in both directions and added a border. Easy peasy!

I was inspired by Dawn's Moda Bake Shop quilt. http://www.modabakeshop.com/2013/01/sleepy-jean-crib-quilt.html?m=1. I'm not sure how to add a hyperlink into my blog while typing on my iPad. Dawn (Springwater Designs) has a really cute project called "Sleepy Jean". Just go to the Moda Bake Shop site and you can see (or better yet - MAKE) her quilt.

GO RAVENS!




No comments: