Saturday, August 25, 2012


I started knitting a pair of socks with this yarn in October 2010 - thanks to Ravelry, I kept track!  But - the sock was too small. I was still pretty new at socks and didn't check the size or gauge until 1 was finished.  So the yarn sat and sat and sat and finally - I did something with the yarn!

Friday, I reversed skeined it ... rewound it onto my yarn swift

I dyed it with some leftover Kool-aide ... Cherry and Orange.  This is going to make a really cool pair of socks ... that fit!

For those that asked ... the swap blocks are a Jacob's Ladder variation. The quilt pattern is from McCall's Quilting, August 2005. Starlyn doesn't throw anything out - I love that about her!!!

No comments: