Thursday, April 26, 2012

Max's T-shirt Quilt

My friend Shannon wanted to give her new husband, Max, a fabulous 50th birthday present and doesn't sew AT ALL ... good thing she has me for a friend!
I've been piecing this on and off over the last couple of weeks.


It's all done - quilted, bound and labelled! AND - his birthday is still a month away.

In case you can't make out the shirt fronts ... they're from all the different commands that Max has been stationed ... he's in the Navy, and a few other important places.  At my suggestion, Shannon gave me some photos of the two of them - getting married, riding their motorcycles, at a Navy ceremony.

I think this will be "Fabulous 50" birthday gift!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Fantastic! He is going to love this, and your friend is so lucky to have you!