Tuesday, December 20, 2011

CHRISTMAS GIFTS

My oldest daughter has been married for 3 years ago and I had 3 days notice till the wedding. No time to madk her a quilt.  I haven't made her a quilt since she was a little girl. She's never really showed much interested. A couple of months ago, I got wind (from daughter #2) that #1 REALLY wants a quilt.

So ... here it is ...

I started this quilt several years ago and have worked on it, off and on, over time. It was on my "really want to finish in 2011" list. I get LOTS of points for this quilt ... 1) a gift, 2) a finish, 3) another UFO checked off ... hurray!

Son-in-law is a big Patriots fan. I found the perfect fabric for the back ...

Another multi-point quilt ... finished, old UFO and a gift ...

This is a Pat Sloan table runner that I made 3 years ago and never quilted. Cute Husband asked me on Saturday if there was a chance I might "whip up" something for his admin person at work.  2 hours later ...
I really shouldn't perpetuate the myth that "whipping up" something can be done with little to no notice. But it's nice to know that my family thinks I'm amazing!

1 comment:

Donna Badgett said...

You put us all to shame, Mary. These gifts are the diggity!