Monday, May 30, 2011

ORPHANS FIND A HOME

Southern Comforters of Bowie is my quilt guild.  The theme of our meeting last week was: Orphans Need Homes.  Folks brought in orphan blocks of all shapes, colors, patterns - finished and unfinished stuff.

We spent some time putting some orphans together into families and then we adopted them out.

This is the pile that came home to live at my house ...

 I cut up a few blocks, rearranged some of the pieces, added a little here and there and so far ... 6 completed 15" blocks.  I need 3 more, a little sashing and border ... orphans no more!


When finished - this will become a quilt for a Wounded Soldier.

Thank you to my fellow veterans who served proudly in our armed forces.  Happy Memorial Day!

2 comments:

Susan said...

What a great idea for a guild program! I think I'll share it with our program chairperson.

Karen G. said...

Very clever! Love red, white and blue quilts. Great job. Happy Memorial Day to you!