Monday, March 8, 2010

ANOTHER MONDAY

Well ... I typed the title and didn't realize just how prophetic it was ... I loaded the pictures, in the wrong order, added another one and clicked the wrong button so the post published without any words ... the title should have been "typical Monday!"

Anyway - here's what I wanted to show you ...
Please excuse the not-so-great photography - this block is sitting on my lap so it's a bit wrinkled. It's the February block from LOVE KNOWS NO SEASON. Each month it's free but previous months are not. So - go and download it if you think you might make it someday. This isn't finished. It still needs some hand embroidery.

Here's a close up of the rose. I used the fabric that I dyed last month. I think the variation in shading came out pretty darn good ... if I say so myself ... and I do!
I keep saying, "I don't do applique." I guess I really can't keep saying that, as I keep doing applique. BUT ... just to be clear ... I'm a fusible-girl!

2 comments:

free indeed said...

You are going a great job. I haven't tried fusible applique yet, but I so love the look of applique and I do like handwork most times. I downloaded Feb block and have bookmarked the site to have on hand....I may begin an applique project this year...THanks.

Tracey said...

I Love this rose design applique, its looking wonderful,
Take care